Cheesy Mushroom Pull-Apart Bread
- A sourdough or tiger bread loaf
- 50g unsalted butter
- Two cloves of garlic
- 300g closed cup mushrooms
- 350g cheddar cheese
- A handful of chopped spring onion
- Ground black pepper
This delicious tear-and-share loaf is a great snack or side dish for the whole family.
Preparation: Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat a pan on medium, add some butter and once melted, add the crushed garlic cloves and the mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes until brown, season with black pepper and set aside.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise so the top is a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut through the base.
- Put the bread on to a foil-lined baking tray, and push grated cheese in between the cuts, before pouring the buttered mushrooms in to the cuts. Sprinkle over spring onions before wrapping the loaf in foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes before removing the foil and baking for a further ten minutes, or until the cheese is melted.