Fast weekday dinners don’t have to be dull! Try out these chicken and mushroom blend tacos, served with guacamole, pickled onion and red salsa, that can be prepped in 20 minutes.
For the tacos
- 2 portobello mushrooms, finely diced by hand or in a food processor
- 400g chicken mince
- 12 corn tacos
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
For the pickled onion
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp curly parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Dash of olive oil
For the guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Pinch of salt
For the coriander sauce
- Small bunch of coriander, leave some for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pickle the onion by heating the vinegar, water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the onion and set aside.
- Make the salsa by combining the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mash the guacamole ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Blitz the green chilli sauce ingredients together in a food processor and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan with a little olive oil and fry the mince and mushrooms for about 4 minutes. Add the taco seasoning, stir well and cook for a couple more minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning to your taste. Set aside.
- Heat the tacos in a cast iron pan for 10 seconds each side. Fill each with the chicken and mushroom mix, top with the pickled onions, salsa, guacamole and chilli sauce. Serve with fresh coriander.
-TIP- For a kick to your coriander sauce, add 2 green chillies into the mix.