Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Marinated in a teriyaki sauce and served with fresh vegetables, this tender chicken and juicy mushroom stir-fry is quick to cook up and perfect for a weekday dinner.
- 300g closed-cup mushrooms, halved
- 500g chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 200ml teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 50ml water
- 4 cups rice noodles
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Marinate the chicken in teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes. Drain the chicken but keep the marinade.
- Add 1 tbsp of the sunflower oil to a wok/frying pan and stir fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes until sealed. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oils and fry the onion, mushrooms, broccoli and red pepper for 2 minutes. Return the chicken and marinade to the wok, add a little water. Cook for 1-2 minutes until chicken is cooked. Serve with rice noodles and toasted sesame seeds.