Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
These loaded Chilli Mushroom Nachos are packed full with layers of beef and mushrooms and tons of flavour too. Full of nutrients packed in the red kidney beans, onions and mushrooms, this is a great snack or party food.
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 200g beef mince
- 500g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml beef stock
- 410g tin of red kidney beans
- Salt and pepper
- 200g corn chips
- 100g cheddar cheese
- Salsa, sour cream and guacamole
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Add the chilli powder, paprika and cumin and cook for a further minute.
- Add the beef mince and brown. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Rinse the kidney beans thoroughly and add to the saucepan before simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Add a layer of half the nacho chips to an ovenproof dish, add half the beef and mushroom chilli and spread evenly before sprinkling half the cheese over the top. Add the remaining chips and repeat layering.
- Bake the nachos in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and is starting to bubble. When ready, remove from oven and serve immediately with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.