Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
This flavoursome Crunchy Mushroom and Chicken Tray Bake is the ideal way to shake up the traditional Sunday dinner. Packed full of veg with a zesty, crunchy topping makes for a great, easy mid week meal.
For the traybake
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 2 large sweet potatos, peeled and cubed
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
- A generous drizzle of olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
For the crumb
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, torn into rough pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- A small handful of parsley
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and dried mixed herbs with a little salt and milled pepper. Toss the sweet potato, leek and mushrooms in the dressing, then place the veg in a roasting tin.
- Now toss the chicken pieces in the remaining dressing and place amongst the vegetables and bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the herby crumb by simply popping the ciabatta, parsley and lemon zest into a food processor and whizzing until you have a rough crumb.
- Now remove the tray from the oven, add the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to the tray, scatter over the herby crumb and pop back into the oven for a further 10-15 minutes. Serve straight away.