Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Pull out all the stops with these egg breakfast muffins topped with buttery mushrooms, sizzling sausages and heavenly bacon as a healthy alternative to the Full English.
- 8 large button mushrooms
- 2 sausages
- 3 rashers of back bacon
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Splash of milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Grease the muffin tin with oil or butter, then sprinkle a little cheddar at the base of each tin.
- Fry or grill the sausages and bacon, then chop into very small pieces. Halve the mushrooms and cook in a little butter until golden and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, mix in the oregano and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Fill each muffin mould with a sausage segment, some bacon strips and mushroom then pour in the egg mix.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until nicely risen and golden. Leave to cool a little then serve with a warm tomato salad. These muffins also freeze really well for up to a month.