Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
These quick and easy Eggy Stuffed Mushrooms are topped with an indulgent sprinkle of cheese to create the perfect way for any vegetarian to begin their day.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 medium eggs
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Roasted baby tomatoes
- Fresh rocket leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the mushroom onto a baking tray and using a teaspoon scoop out the inside of the mushroom leaving just the shell.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with a little salt and milled pepper and add the chopped thyme.
- Crack an egg into each of the mushrooms and pop into the oven for about 10-12 minutes. The yolks should be soft and remove from the oven. Sprinkle over the cheddar cheese and a little more fresh thyme and pop back into the oven for 3 minutes just to melt the cheese. Serve straight away with roasted baby tomatoes and fresh rocket.