Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
These grilled mushrooms with halloumi are topped with a deliciously refreshing coriander caper dressing and placed on a bed of ciabatta for a fast, special lunch.
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 250g halloumi, sliced into 1cm thick pieces
- 2 ciabattas, sliced open
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp capers
- Make the dressing up and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot, and fry the mushrooms first. Add to the pan closed cup side first. Turn after about 5 mins (liquid will have gathered around the stalk). Fry on other side for 5 mins, then keep warm while you cook the halloumi until black marks appear on both sides.
- Toast the bread and spoon a little oil on all pieces of ciabatta to moisten. Top with slices halloumi and whole mushrooms. Fill the mushroom cup with dressing and drizzle the rest liberally.