Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
These simple and healthy pesto mushrooms served with asparagus wrapped in parma harm and roasted cherry tomatoes makes a lovely light lunch. Sprinkle with pinenuts and parmesan to go the extra mile.
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 8 asparagus spears, ideally thick asparagus
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- ½ mozzarella ball, sliced into 4.
- 6 cherry tomatoes
For the pesto
- 50g pinenuts
- 10g basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 20g parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 190c.
- First make the pesto by simply adding all the pesto ingredients into a small food processor and whizzing until you have a smooth paste. If you like it a little more course, that’s great.
- Cook your asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water. Wrap half a slice of Parma ham around each piece of asparagus.
- Place the mushrooms onto a roasting tray, spread 1 teaspoon of the pesto all over the mushrooms. Add a slice of the mozzarella and 3 halves of cherry tomato, season with a little milled pepper. Place the asparagus next to the mushrooms and place the tray into the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a little extra pesto on the side, some fresh rocket and if you fancy a little scattering of the pine nuts and parmesan cheese.