Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Quick and simple to make, this dish is super rich in flavours thanks to a zingy blend of lemon, garlic and chilli. Once the pasta is piled onto the fresh fettuccine, don’t forget to sprinkle plenty of grated parmesan on top!
For the sauce
- 275g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bitesize chunks
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the pasta
- 180g fresh fettuccine
- 4 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Heat half the olive oil in a sauté pan, season the chicken and brown it all over. Add the garlic and mushrooms then sauté well, tossing around a little to mix.
- Put the pan (if oven-proof, or transfer to a roasting tray if not), covered, in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes then remove and leave to rest.
- While the chicken is in the oven, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for about 3 to 4 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain the fettuccine, put back in the pan and then add the remaining olive oil, chilli flakes and lemon zest and juice and stir well.
- Add the chicken, garlic and mushrooms, stir well, add the parsley and check the seasoning.
- Serve and add parmesan to taste.