- Heat a saucepan with a little olive oil. Gently sauté the onion and green pepper until they start to soften.
- Add the mince and mushrooms and stir well. Turn the heat up and cook for a few minutes before adding the spices.
- Pour in the lager and bring to the boil. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for a minute or 2.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, adding the barbecue sauce and dark chocolate. Stir well and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened.
- With 5 minutes remaining, add the kidney beans. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with tortilla chips, fresh coriander and a good sprinkle of grated cheddar.
-TIP- If you want a smokier mince, add 1 tbsp of paprika into the meat and mushroom mix before cooking