Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- 400g button mushrooms
- 4 butternut squash or small pumpkins
- 1 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 large bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 banana shallot, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (or vegan fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice and zest of a lime
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Cut the top off the squash and remove –retaining the very top to act as a lid– leaving a globe-like bowl. Hollow out the seeds and as much flesh as you can, discard the seeds.
- Heat a saucepan with the coconut oil and add the mushrooms, squash, shallot and garlic. Cook on a medium heat for ten minutes, stirring often until softened.
- Add the coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger and most of the coriander and mix well.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce and lime and gently stir in.
- Fill each squash with the mixture and top with the lid then roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the squash are starting to colour.
- Remove from the oven, top with the remaining coriander and serve.