Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
This Mushroom and Beef Stir Fry is perfect for a quick but flavoursome mid week meal. Packed with delicious veggies from courgette strips to red peppers, this dish is filled with an abundance of good stuff!
- 150g closed-cup mushroom, sliced
- 200g beef steak, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 20g fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small courgette, cut into battons
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- 150g Chinese cabbage
- 150ml oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 30g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- Rice or noodles, cooked
- Firstly, prep all the ingredients as instructed.
- In a wok or large frying pan, toast the chopped cashew nuts until browned, remove and set to on side.
- Wipe the pan with kitchen roll. When hot fry the beef, ginger and garlic in the sunflower oil until the beef is golden. Next to the pan goes the mushrooms, courgette and pepper, fry for 2-3 minutes before adding the Chinese cabbage, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Bring to the boil, take off the heat, stir in the spring onions and cashew nuts and serve with either rice or noodles, chopped fresh coriander and a little scattering of cashew nuts nad spring onions.