Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Make snack time a little more special with these savoury muffins comprised of scrumptious sliced mushrooms and indulgent sprinkle of cheese. Warm, golden and soft to the touch, what more could you want?
- 175g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- Spray oil for frying
- 175g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180c and arrange 6 paper cases in a muffin tray.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Spray with oil then add the mushrooms and saute for 5 mins until soft. Leave to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the milk, butter, egg, mushrooms, sage and 2 tbsp of the cheese. Lightly mix together.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until well risen and golden. Try one while it’s still warm!