Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Packed with sumptuous mushroom flavours and a little splash of wine, this fish parcel is incredibly easy to make for a great midweek hearty treat that can be cooked up in 20 minutes.
- 30g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 6oz cod fillets (haddock or any other white fish will work also)
- 8 new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 stalks of rainbow chard
- A small handful of parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, cut into rings
- Splash of white wine
- 10g butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Take 2 large pieces of non-stick parchment paper. Towards one end place a little bed of the sliced new potatoes, top with the rainbow chard, cod, chopped parley, mushrooms and finally the lemon. Dot with the butter, add a splash of white wine and a little salt and milled pepper.
- Brush water around the parchment paper, fold over to cover all the ingredients, crimp the edge (like a Cornish pasty) brush to top of the paper with water and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve straight away in the paper.