Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- 250g closed-cup mushrooms, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 large heart of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 packet of feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes stirring every so often. Add the garlic, lemon juice and season with a little salt and milled pepper and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile place the washed and chopped lettuce into a serving bowl and top with the remaining salad ingredients. Pour over the mushrooms with all the juices and toss well. Just before serving crumble over the feta cheese and serve. Try with a few pitted and sliced black olives.