Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Taking only 15 minutes to cook up, indulge in a gorgeous Turkish pizza, made with lamb, chestnut mushrooms and seasoned with cumin, paprika and allspice.
For the mushroom mince pizza topping
- 150g chestnuts mushrooms, finely diced by hand (save 4 for the topping)
- 200g lamb mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the base and extra toppings
- 800g pizza dough
- 75g feta
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Half red onion, finely sliced
- Lemon wedges
- Cucumber slices
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200c for fan oven. Prepare 4 pieces of baking parchment to fit a baking sheet.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the topping and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Stretch each one out into an oval shape, getting it as thin as you can. Place each base onto a piece of parchment.
- Thinly spread the topping over each base.
- Slice the remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle the pizzas with the sliced mushrooms, feta and pine nuts and a drizzle of oil.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.