Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
This Mushroom and Potato Curry is a gorgeous and delicious spring dish. Filled with an array of ingredients, this is a great velvety and rich meal, accompanied by either fluffy rice or tasty naan.
- 400g mushrooms, chopped
- 7 – 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bitesize chunks
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 100g green beans, roughly chopped
- 200g spinach
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- A small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Basmati rice
- Naan bread
- Heat a large saucepan and add a tablespoon of sunflower oil. Gently saute the onion, potato, mustard seeds and garlic for about 5 minutes, with the lid on.
- Add the mushrooms, green beans and curry paste. Stir in well and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, pour in the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook just until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the spinach and coriander, seasoning well with salt and milled pepper.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.