Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Ready to eat in only 11 minutes this panini is great for a yummy breakfast or light lunch! All cooked in one frying pan means its both tasty and hassle free, the perfect combo for those busy days.
- 150g chestnut or closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 paninis, split open
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a medium high grill.
- Cook the bacon rashers in a non-stick frying pan until crispy. Remove from the pan with a draining spoon and set aside on kitchen paper. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and cook them in the bacon fat for 2-3 minutes.
- At the same time, toast the split panini, cut sides up, under the grill. Spread the cut sides with a little mustard (if using).
- Share the tomatoes between the panini and top each one with 2 bacon rashers and the mushrooms. Season with ground black pepper and serve at once.