Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
A veggie one pot wonder, this Mushroom, Spinach, Kale and Sweet Potato Pie is a low fat, vegetarian meal, combining subtle sweetness from the sweet potatoes and a gorgeous earthiness from the mushrooms.
- 500g closed-cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 250g spinach, wilted
- 100g kale, cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 300g cooked sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp light creme fraiche
- 150g feta cheese, cubed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry mushrooms on a high heat for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute, then tip in the stock and sweet potatoes. Bubble for a few minutes until reduced.
- Season, then remove from the heat, stir in creme fraiche, spinach and kale.
- Pour into a pie dish and top with the cubed feta. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Brush each sheet of filo with the remaining oil, quarter the sheets then loosely scrunch up and lay on top of pie filling./li>
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with extra green vegetables like steamed broccoli and green beans.