Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Take your mushroom soup to a whole new level by adding juicy tiger prawns, spicy ginger and red chilli to pack a punch! Serve with lime juice and fresh coriander to really bring out those flavours.
- 5g dried shiitake mushrooms, crumbled
- 100g button mushrooms
- 75g brown cap mushrooms, quartered
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 600ml chicken stock
- 200ml half fat coconut milk
- 15ml fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 3 dried kaffir lime leaves, crumbled
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely sliced
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and shredded
- 200g tiger prawns, add for 4-6 minutes at the end
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1/2 lime, juice
- Place the dried shiitake mushrooms, chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, red chilli, lime leaves, lemon grass and ginger in a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the fresh button, brown and shiitake mushrooms and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the prawns and simmer for a further 3 mins.
- Stir in the coriander and lime and serve in bowls