Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Make a spicy twist on traditional kebabs by coating juicy mushrooms, tomatoes and courgettes with traditional South Korean flavours, for a mouthwatering dinner suitable for vegetarians.
For the kebabs
- 350g closed-cup mushrooms
- 225g cherry tomatoes
- 175g courgettes cut into 2.5cm/1” chunks
- 225g shallots, halved
- 8 bamboo kebab skewers soaked in cold water for 10 minutes
For the marinade
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ teasp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 limes, juice only
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 225g long grain rice
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Put the prepared mushrooms and vegetables into the marinade and leave, covered, for 1-2 hours.
- Thread onto kebab skewers and grill for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with spare marinade.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of boiled rice. Gently heat any spare marinade and pour over the kebabs.