Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
An array of vegetables including sweet carrots and courgettes, stripped into spaghetti strips, are the perfect base to these scrumptious mushrooms cooked in a flavoursome creamy tarragon sauce.
For the sauce
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150ml white vermouth
- 300g crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the noodles
- 2 courgettes, cut into strips
- 4 large carrots, cut into fine strips
- 4 large green cabbage leaves, cut into fine strips
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring, until soft but not browned. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, until the mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, before adding the vermouth. Bring to a simmer and stir in the crème fraiche and tarragon. Once the sauce starts to bubble, season with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile once the pan of water is boiling, add all the veg strips and blanch quickly for one minute, until soft. Drain and serve with the sauce.